what we believe
To know Him and make Him Known
- We believe the Bible is the word of God, written without error in the original manuscripts, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit (2 Tim 3:16; 2 Pet 1:20-21).
- We believe in one God in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Deut 6:4; James 2:19; Matt 28:19; 2 Cor 13:14;).
- We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man (John 1:1-2, 14). He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and came to earth in order that He might redeem sinful men through shedding His blood on the cross for our sins (Luke 1:34-35; Matt 1:23; Rom 3:24-25; Eph 1:7; 1 Pet 2:24).
- We believe Jesus rose bodily from the dead (Matt 28:6; Mark 16:6; Luke 24:36-43). His ascension was bodily (Acts 1:9-11) and He is now seated at the right hand of God interceding for us (Eph 1:20-21; Heb 9:24; Rom 8:34).
- We believe Jesus is coming again to earth (Acts 1:10-11; 1 Thess 4:16-18) and He will judge the living and the dead (Rev 20:11-15; 2 Cor 5:10).
- We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God (Gen 1:26-27) but fell into sin and became alienated from God and that man is totally unable to remedy his lost condition (Rom 3:22-23; Eph 2:1-3).
- We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in Jesus Christ (Rom 10:8-10; Eph 2:8-10; John 1:12;).
- We believe that baptism by immersion into water is for all persons who believe the gospel and accept Jesus as both Lord and Christ (Matt 28:18-20; Acts 2:36-39; Acts 8:12).
- We believe that the church is the visible body of Christ on earth which exists to reach out to the unsaved and to build up those who are saved (Matt 17:18; Rom 12:4-8; Eph 4:1-16).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit, whom every believer receives at conversion (Eph 1:13-14; Acts 2:38-39; Rom 8:9) is the agent of regeneration and renewal for believers in Jesus Christ (Titus 3:5-7), that He makes the presence of Jesus real in them (Eph 3:16-17), that He comforts (Acts 9:31), guides (John 16:13), convicts (John 16:8-11), gives gifts to believers (1 Cor 12:1-11) and enables them to live in ways that honor Him (Rom 8:12-17; Gal 5:22-23).
- We believe that marriage is the God ordained union of one man and one woman (Gen 2:23-24; Matt 19:4-6; Eph 5:31-32; Mark 10:6-9; Heb 13:4; 1 Cor 7:2).